Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Food Thoughts

I have a couple of questions for all of you....

1. Has anyone ever seen a generic brand of Life Cereal? I haven't. Why is that? There seems to be a off-brand of just about every other popular cereal out there. Is the recipe really that mysterious that it can't be copied?


2. Do you like Top Ramen? What is your favorite flavor? Do you cook it the traditional way with all the water in, or do you do it the Jeppson-after-school-snack way and drain the noodles before adding the seasoning?
Before today I hadn't had Top Ramen in probably 5 to 6 years. Not because I don't like it, but because it's, you know, really not nutritious at all and has all that sodium. But I gotta admit that today, it just totally hit the spot. I have a cold and can barely taste anything, and it was raining, and my hot hot hot Creamy Chicken comforted me right through.

6 comments:

Jonelle said...

I don't know if you tried googling the generic Life question, but I did and got this http://www.austinchronicle.com/gyrobase/Community/MrSmartyPants_view?oid=oid%3A223937.
And I swear that the x-files reference is just a coincidence :). A coincidence that makes me smile!

Katie said...

Jonelle,

THAT IS SO FUNNY! Seriously, how cool is that that they alluded to X-files?

Christie said...

We had Ramen for lunch today! I drain the water and only add about half the seasoning. Amelia loved it!

lindsey said...

i havent had it in forever but i still like it drained.

Olivia Carter said...

I drain-out some of the water & add the whole packet (& my favorite is the creamy chicken).

Scott empties out all the water & adds the whole packet & has a really strong tasting, dry noodle lunch (his fav is beef)

Kari said...

We haven't had it in awhile since the kids can't eat it, but I have to say it's a Monnett staple as well! Mom is known to have it for breakfast frequently. However, I had creamy chicken when I was pregnant with Eliza, and found it soo gross!! Funny how pregnancy hieghtens all your senses for better or worse.