Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Triple Grumpiness

1. A crying Gabe is brought into our room at 5:30 am and never goes back to sleep. Chad had found him downstairs, wandering around. This after Colin woke up at 3:30 because of wetting his bed and I changed him and his bedding (Christie and James, I will let you decide who gets that bed in a couple of weeks ;o).

2. Chad has to take the van to the bus-stop because it was full of stuff he loaded up to take to the dump (leaving no room for the kids if I wanted to use it). As he walks out the door I realize that the pool pass is on that set of keys. We haven't been to the pool in over a week. Yesterday we couldn't because he forgot to take the van with all the junk in it.

3. I run out the door indecently dressed but he pulls away without seeing me. When I call him, he says he will take the boys swimming when he gets home from work. Then he remembers that he can't because he signed us up to feed the Elders today. Ugh. I guess it is a good thing I was planning on going to the grocery store today anyway.

Numbers 2 and 3 wouldn't normally make me grumpy but Number 1 makes all the difference.

6 comments:

Ash said...

Why is it that they always seem to have bad nights on the same night and you spend half of the night in and out of their room? Hope your day gets better!

James said...

Elizabeth and I are used to crashing on the floor when we travel. Especially now that she's decided that I'm her teddy bear.

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

I hope your day gets less Grumpy as it goes.

And for me, I'm going back to bed. We got home late last night (11:00) and I had to work at 6....my "baby" isn't here, Dad is at work and I will turn off the phone. Night-night :)

Christie said...

Lucky Granny.
Hope your day gets better, Katie!

Katie said...

We went grocery shopping and then Gabe fell asleep on the couch at 11:15. I took him upstairs and dozed for a good 45 minutes, so I am feeling MUCH better.

Oh, and you and Christie both get beds James, I meant you could fight over who gets Gabe's bed instead of Colin's.

Christie said...

Yay for naps!
It would be nice to have grocery shopping not be an all day trip.