Sunday, October 5, 2008

That kid


Last week we were in the midst of a usual, somewhat hectic bedtime. The tub was full, and Colin had already stripped down and jumped in. Gabe was waiting for parental assistance, when he suddenly left and resolutely made his way down the stairs. We called after him, telling it was time to get in the bath. Gabe responded "I'm getting a drink!"


I followed him downstairs and watched him get a clean cup out of the dishwasher, and then stretch to fill it up in the water dispenser at the front of the fridge. Expecting Gabe to take a drink, I was surprised to see him toddle unevenly with the too-full cup back up the stairs. I asked him what he was doing.


"I'm getting a drink for Colin!"


I laughed and offered to carry it for him. When we got in the bathroom, I asked Colin if he had asked Gabe to get him water. Colin's face turned sheepish and a little embarassed as he nodded his head. The nerve! Asking a toddler to fetch you a drink from downstairs because you are thirsty in the tub!


And little brother doing it cheerfully without a question.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL, what a nice kid! Depending on Blaise's mood he would either yell and hit Rae or do anything she asks. Lately it's been more of the yelling and hitting...life with a (almost) 2 year old - fun fun!

Christie said...

Oh that cracks me up!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

What a sweetie.....and Colin knows that Gabe will do it! That's little brothers (or little sisters) are for!

Audra & Levi said...

That is so sweet! I love it when my kids take care of each other too!