Wednesday, November 5, 2008

Walk right in, sit right down, baby let your hair hang down


I almost didn't bother trying. It was was 6:00pm, and the rumors of long lines across the city were rampant. The news was even showing voter-related traffic. I hadn't voted yet because I hadn't wanted to drag three boys with me (Colin was off this Monday and Tuesday) to possibly stand around for a couple of hours. Now that Chad was home and dinner was over, it was time for bedtime, and I didn't want to be cruel to leave it all to Chad with a wide-awake baby. So I decided to bundle the tyke up and at least drive over to my voting place to see what the lines looked like.

Which is how I found out that an hour and half before the polls closed was the perfect time to vote yesterday. No lines greeted me - Only the enthusiastic volunteers (all delighted by the sweetie in the sling), who helped me walk right up to one of the many empty voting booths.

Once there, this is how I voted:


I pointed to each candidate and said their name. If Oliver cooed, I voted for them. It took a long time, but I think it worked really well. You know how people always say that babies are still so close to heaven. Who better to decide? Certainly not me.

8 comments:

Ashley said...

Nice technique!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Hmmm...can I rent a baby for the next time?

Audra & Levi said...

GOOD!!! You went and voted! I was painting the flip house yesterday and I was thinking about wether or not to call you and pick on you about not following the prophets councel to vote! And then for the next 4 years if anything went bad I could immediately say it was your fault for not voting!! Haha!

So... are you allowed to take pics as you vote?

Who did Ollie vote for?

Chad Coleman said...

I KNEW you would give me a hard time for four years if I didn't!

Yep, you are allowed to take pictures.

I didn't even tell Chad who I (oops, I mean Ollie)voted for, but Colin guessed it :o)

James said...

Hey, we didn't get any "I voted" stickers!

Guess they didn't think they needed to bribe people out here in Texas.

Bob said...

In Charlotte Democrats outnumber Republicans about 2 to 1. I'm not sure that I can live in such an enviornment.

Olivia Carter said...

Gosh that is adorable. Rob almost unplugged my voting machine. Needless to say they didn't think my little guy was so cute! :)

Christie said...

Olivia-
No plugs out here...just paper. They thought Amelia was adorable. Oh, and Elizabeth, too.