Thursday, February 11, 2010

Chinese New Year Performance

If any of you don't know, Colin is in the Chinese program at a language immersion school. Today they had their big Chinese New Year performance. Colin was just as serious about his dance as last year. I had so much fun watching it - I still have that dancing/performing spirit in me!

We had a party in his class beforehand with dumplings and fried rice. They asked that no children 4 and under attend the performance, so I had left Oliver and Gabe at Sabina's house, and the party was so much more relaxing than usual for me.

I got some cute pictures of Colin with some of his friends. I think he has a little thing for the young lady with the glasses. Colin is always informing me that they "are friends again" or "not really talking." I was talking to her dad today and he was joking with me about how much of an advantage Colin has being only one of 4 boys in the class. He said that when he comes in to help, Colin is always surrounded by girls who are paying attention to him - that the other boys are just rowdy boy-boys and Colin is the quiet, smooth guy. Ahh, that made me laugh. Girls do indeed love him.


The video quality is not that great, but I knew Granny and Grandma would love to see it anyway.

Enjoy!
(I sure do adore that kid.)



15 comments:

Kelly said...

Loved the twisting part! He has that move down.

Ashley said...

So, what were they saying? It seemed like some kind of story? Very cute! I can't wait to watch Rae's first dance recital in April.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh goodness! That is so cute. I love their little outfits and everything. I need to find a school like that out here. Though I'm pretty sure most of the "charter" schools or "private" schools here aren't that neat. And neither are their public schools either. :(

Audra said...

That is awesome!!! Levi was thinking of all sorts of nice sarcastic comments to include. I will just say GREAT JOB COLIN!!!

Audra said...

Oh, and I did not mean that to sound rude... Levi just likes to add his own commentary! I thought the kids did great and that was a really complicated routine. I am impressed.

Katie said...

LOL Audra. I was sitting next to Bobby during the show, so we got to make a few sarcastic remarks about kids that weren't our own.

I particularly liked Colin's little twisty part at the beginning, like Kelly said.

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Katie said...

Ashley - I have no idea what they are saying, and let me tell you, after an hour of hearing Chinese, it really does start all sounding the same!

Olivia - I know! We are so lucky to have schools like this here!

Chad Coleman said...

The school has been great for Colin. He does come home with Communist Party propaganda once a week, and has shown an increased interest in the Ming Dynasty, but that's nothing to get worried about right? JK - Love the school and I genuinely think that Colin enjoys going to school.

lindsey said...

cute kid :) He is a little ladies man isn't he? Chad's comment made me laugh- Seth calls Colin's school a "communist training camp" (jokingly of course)

Christie said...

Elizabeth will be going to a "Spanish Immersion" school..oh, wait, that's all of the scools in thuis area!

Christie said...

*schools

Christie said...

*this...ok, I give up!

Christie said...

Cute kid, btw!

Em said...

dumplings...mmmmm...we always celebrate with my mom, but totally missed the entire party this year. waaahhhh.