Wednesday, February 24, 2010

Just because I liked this picture.


This is my Gabe. In some ways, he is his momma's boy, but in most ways, he is just himself - pure Gabe. He is his own boy and always has been.

If he doesn't want to kiss you goodnight, he won't.

He has an opinion about what clothes he wears, and it usually revolves around how many pockets the outfit has.

He is a great respecter of rules.

From birth, he set a bed-time for himself - 7pm. When we tuck him in at night, we know we won't see him again 'til morning. Which means he is usually our favorite child at night.

He is absolutely hooked on Dinosaur Train. He would watch the show and play its games on the computer all day if I let him.

Over the last few days, I have been teasing him about telling me what he got me for my birthday. Being a respecter of rules, he shakes his head and says, "Nope. Can't tell!", but tonight when I tucked him in, he got a twinkle in his eye and whispered to me where they bought it (which definitely gives away what it is). Awww, it made my night.

He puts up with a lot from both of his brothers.

But not too much.

He knows how to sass Colin just right when Colin gets too bossy. He picks Ollie up, puts him outside the toy room and shuts the door when Ollie messes his train tracks up.

He gave a talk in church a few months ago and memorized it. No one could hear him say it because he was so quiet, but he said the whole thing.

When he gets mad and loses his temper, he starts running in circles, like he can't help himself. It happened today, and boy were Chad and I laughing.

He has a crush on a girl in preschool.

Get him alone and he will talk your head off. Catch him in the right mood and he will crack the funniest jokes you have ever heard from a 4 year old.

The Sir. Panchetta. Panda. Gabers.

We love him.

10 comments:

lindsey said...

aww he is such a cute kid. I loved seeing how much he changed the last time I saw him. He was such a good cousin to Lily.

Jamie said...

Awww! That was so sweet Katie!

I really love that one about him putting Ollie outside the toy room. That cracks me up! :)

Olivia Carter said...

Aw! What a cutie! I need to meet this kiddo!

Chad Coleman said...

Just to clarify - Katie has been pushing the nickname "Panda" for about 2 years now, and it just hasn't stuck. I see that she put in another shameless plug for the nickname - ridiculous.

Merf said...

love the picture---what a sweet face....


and chad....excellent

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

loved the picture and loved learning more about him, sounds like a great kid

Audra said...

I have grown to love that kid now that he gives me the time of day!!! He has gotten to be such a fun goofball with the most hilarious personality!

Katie said...

Chad is correct - Panda was my idea, and it didn't stick like Panchetta, simply because I don't have the nicknaming gift that Chad has. Seriously. One of our friends in high school was known as "Chonies" and she didn't even mind it - all because of Chad and his gift.

Ashley said...

What did he get you for your birthday?

Em said...

hahahaha, what a great personality!