Friday, February 19, 2010

Keep him busy

Oliver was still not himself yesterday, not wanting to leave my side, so I kept trying to find things we could do together. After an hour or so of playing with blocks I thought I was going to lose my mind and knew we needed to find something productive to do. I found a semi-healthy pumpkin muffin recipe to make and let him "help" as much as he wanted. Gabe was very concerned about the whole process. Apparently he doesn't think a 18 month old should be stirring raw eggs, occasionally sticking his fingers in, and dumping baking powder on himself. Well La-Dee-Da Gabriel.
.

It was a good way to pass the time and get some of Oliver's restless energy out. He sure enjoyed those muffins all day long.

The smile is back!

7 comments:

Kelly said...

In our house we always have girls wanting to help with baking. We also have a bit of a saying "watching is helping" we always say.

lindsey said...

aww such a cute smile too :) Lily loves to help me cook. She stirs eggs and pancakes and does a pretty good job. Glad things are up. oh PS when I wrote you on FB it included questions about how you are doing... stinkin fb!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

Yes, his smile is back!

Olivia Carter said...

Ah he's so cute! Syds the same way when I have Berto help with cooking. She's always terribly concerned about the whole process. I'm like, "Kid, chill out!" how did I raise such a wound up type A personality. I have no idea but it's a little funny.

Anonymous said...

You have to express more your opinion to attract more readers, because just a video or plain text without any personal approach is not that valuable. But it is just form my point of view

Em said...

brennan has been super whiney and super destructive the past few days. i think it's finally hitting him that life has officially changed and when in the heck can we just go to the zoo again??? soon, my friend, soon. well, after march. sigh.

Jamie Martin said...

Such a good mom letting him help out!! Even if it was so you didn't lose your mind!