Tuesday, February 9, 2010

Today

  • Ollie starting puking before 7:30.

  • I lay in bed with him over half the day to keep him happy. I have finally seen the listless Ollie that we always wondered existed. Thank goodness I had The Goose Girl to read (and thank you for the recommendation Autumn).

  • Chad took care of everything else. I mean everything. Today was the day of a million things that needed to get done, and he did them plus some, all with good humor. That guy...I can't even tell you how lucky I am.

  • Gabe's speech teacher told Chad that Gabe was ready to graduate from speech. Hip hip hurray! He has worked SO hard and I am so proud of him.

  • Colin worked on his class Valentines all by himself. He finished four in about an hour. Yikes. I will help him tomorrow.

  • My sister Lindsey went to the hospital to have their baby girl! Still waiting to hear of her arrival.
Summary:

Today could've been better, but it could've been a lot worse. I am just thankful today.

*Update -Lindsey had Mayan Jade Morris last night around 7:30. She is 6 lbs 11 oz. 19 inches. Lindsey said labor went really really well, and she hopes that Seth will be able to post some pictures later today.

4 comments:

Merf said...

graduating from speech is GREAT! that is a huge self-esteem boost for a kid! congrats.

hope ollie feels better

Olivia Carter said...

Did you like Goose Girl? If you did she's got a ton of other books out. I really liked Book of a 1,000 Days (another YA) and her adult book Austenland.

And I hope Ollie gets better soon too!

Katie said...

Olivia - I have also read Austenland and The Actor and The Housewife. I have Princess Academy sitting in the other room waiting for me, and I will definitely have to check out her other stuff!

Charlotte Uke Jam said...

Sorry for your stinky day! Happy to hear the Lindsey news! Hope tomorrow is better for you!