Friday, March 19, 2010

Summer of the Skirt


So, this is my fashion goal for the spring/summer:

Wear more skirts.

Not just to church...to the store, to the park, everywhere! Why not? You can dress them up, you can dress them down. They are cute, they are feminine, and I feel more like ME in them.

Not to mention they are so much more comfortable than jeans, and so much more flattering than capris. So I am making the attempt.

With that in mind, I went a little crazy at Old Navy and bought four of the same skirt, all in different fabrics, with shirts/sweaters and accessories to match. More shopping for myself than I have done in a year - no kidding. I am in love with their whirly skirt (it hits just the right spot on my knee), which is on sale for $15 for now, and have you seen their new jewelry? Love it.

The best news is - Old Navy has a coupon you can sign up for that gets you 30% off anything you buy (in store only) through the 21st! They even give the coupon back to you when you check out so you can use it over and over again.

Go buy some skirts! Or jewelry, or flip-flops, or cardigans...or kids clothes!

7 comments:

Ashley said...

I was just thinking today that I should wear more skirts this summer. Too bad we don't have an old navy :(

Olivia Carter said...

I feel the same way! I usually opt for a jean skirt but I'm in love with that yellow and gray one (my fav color combo).

I'll have to go check it out- thanks for the inspiration!

Audra said...

I have been wanting to stop by Old Navy and get some... too busy. Maybe someday. I have been in a skirt mood too! I bought 2 skirts at Goodwill... just need the right top to match.

Chad Coleman said...

Audra - I'm not sure if you fully understand what service Old Navy provides. I know traditionally, Naval personnel have developed a certain type of stygma, but this is actually a clothier, not a Naval shipyard.

JK - sorry...bad joke...Katie asked me to comment to boost the number of comments on her blog - shameless...I know.

Ok...that too is a lie...I better just go.

The Husband said...

Hur, hur. I wish I could say I didn't think the same thing when I read Audra's comment, but I think it's hardwired in the male brain.

kimberly said...

thanks katie! i totally went nuts with this coupon!!!!

aswigfromthesiggs said...

This maybe too much info, but if you wear those cute skirts with some mesh "g's" it is like going commando. And in this southern humidity and heat, who wouldn't want that?
-Taya