Saturday, April 17, 2010

Baseball


It is baseball time again. Colin just barely made the age cut-off for this age division, so he is, once again, the youngest guy on the team. He has a great time though, and shows never-ending patience for the slow moving game and run after run from the other teams.



His brothers, on the other hand, aren't quite as enthralled with the long games as he is. Ollie splits his time between eating and drinking everything I have brought, and sneaking over to the dug-out to ham it up with all of the big boys. Gabe just lounges, or in the case of the game earlier this week, plays in the dirt until he is covered from head to toe, not noticing when a fly ball comes at him until it hits him in the back of the head. Ouch.

And me? I enjoy the sitting out in the nice weather and relaxing for about the first hour, praying every time Colin gets up to bat that he will get a hit. Then after that, Ollie gets a little crazy, Gabe gets a little grouchy, and I wish I could read a book while nothing is going on.

*As I type this, Chad is watching a game between the Cardinals and the Mets that is in the 18th inning and is 0-0. It has been going on for over 7 hours. Unbelievably ridiculous sport.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Go Cardinals! I considered signing Rae up for t-ball, but realized that I despise baseball!

Christie said...

Amen.
Talking about sports with other moms at book club this week. If we do anything with Elizabeth I think it will be soccer. If they had kiddie rugby...

Nelle said...

You crack me up. Believe it or not I watched that Mets and Cardinals game starting in about the 16th inning. My whole day (well almost) was spent watching the kids play baseball. The things we do for them. Sheesh.

Olivia Carter said...

Not a baseball fan. I like high scoring fast games like basketball.