Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Colin's Birthday

Since Colin wasn't in school for his birthday, we got the bring cupcakes to his class on April Fool's Day. We thought cupcakes made in cones, to look like ice cream would be perfect!

Yeah, turns out it is quite a feat to transport 20 of those things across town.

It was worth it though.My kid loves me.

See - here we are at Red Robin on his birthday. Proof.



We also did mini-golf.


Colin and Oliver look so much alike in this picture, don't you think?


Colin with his two "cakes," one of which he was obviously just sampling.

We just had a small gathering that evening for dessert and presents and then Santi and Evan stayed the night.

Lots of Wii time, not enough sleep, but the birthday boy was happy.

7 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh my goodness! I love those cupcake cone thingies. I keep wanting to make them- recipe PLEASE!

And I can't believe how much Colin & Oliver look alike. That's just wild!

Merf said...

cute pictures! colin looks just like Chad! wow!
i've tried doing the cupcakes/ice cream cone things---but they got soggy on the bottom----how did you avoid that?

lindsey said...

WOW those boys look like twins at different ages. I love the picture of Colin with a piece of cake on his face... little stinker.

Sharon said...

The cupcakes look great. That's my favorite way to eat cupcakes, not as messy. Your boys are so cute.

Naila said...

how did you make the cupcakes in the cone..

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Katie, I read your blog and appreciate all your pictures. Your family is awesome, can't wait to visit Charlotte and see all of you. But in these pictures, I really like seeing Bobby's boys, they are looking so grown up. They are such handsome boys and Liam is getting so big too. I love the pic of your 3 boys and seeing the likeness of Colin & Ollie (except Ollie has a little extra
mischievious twinkle in his eye)

Katie said...

I will do a post about the cupcakes in a cone soon. Promise!


Meredith - yes, Colin looks so much like Chad! I love it.

Pat - don't you love Evan's face in the group picture? It cracks me up.