Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Farmer's Market

I had the privilege of chaperoning Colin's class to the Farmer's Market last Friday. It was fun, but honestly, not as fun as I expected it to be. I consider myself to be pretty good with kids - I assisted in dance classes for years and have worked in the Primary almost continuously for the last nine years, so I at least have experience - but I am still surprised when kids Colin's age have the gall to disobey an adult within minutes of meeting them. Maybe that is just because I grew up as a chicken and my kids are kinda chickens too (somewhat shy with adults). Anyway, before I sound like an old fogey, most of the kids were great, and it was fun, as always, to spend some time in Colin's classroom before we left (I just love his school so much) and to see him interact with his classmates during the day.

Each of the students brought a few dollars to spend at the market, and his teacher drilled it into their heads that Mother's Day was just a couple of days away, so they should get their mom flowers.


Colin took it very seriously, and used the money I gave him to buy me some tulips, which I put on my mantel at home.

On Sunday we were sitting around in the living room talking when I observed that the tulips on the mantel were very similar to the ones in the painting hanging there. Colin got a big kick out of it, and I got a big kick out of downloading my pictures yesterday and finding two that Colin took......






The tulips are dead now but the pictures make a good Mother's Day memory for me.

4 comments:

Christie said...

How incredibly sweet!

lindsey said...

he sure is a considerate little boy. Can't wait to see you next week!!

Audra said...

That is really sweet! Mother's Day makes me such a mush! That is a nice memory! Now it will be sad when you take it down to put a TV there ;)

Olivia Carter said...

That's so sweet! He looks like such a big boy in that picture!