Thursday, June 10, 2010

Discovery Place

Gabe finished reading lesson number 75, so it was date time again. He chose to go to Discovery Place, and let Ollie tag along with us.

We haven't been in a long time (how did Gabe even remember it? he was so young!), and they are renovating the whole museum, so it was interesting to see what changes have taken place. The kids zone downstairs, which has all been re-done, was still the highlight of the day for both the boys. The beloved water area is still there.




Gabe and I had a good time building a city in another section upstairs.

Since Chad works near Discovery Place, we took a lunch break and met him for lunch at The Fox and The Hound. YUM!


It was so nice to see him in the middle of the day. The boys got a kick out of it.

Great day!

Gabe is around number 83 - when he hits 100, he is done and gets to have a party!

2 comments:

Christie said...

Sounds like you had a great time. I so wish we'd gone to the downstairs part first. I think Amelia would have had a much better time.

Ashley said...

When did you start this with him? I am thinking of starting with Blaise this fall - do you think that's too early? I guess I'll just start and see how he does! But I'm definitely going to do a reward system like yours to keep him motivated.