Saturday, June 5, 2010

Last Baseball Game of the Season

I'm not the biggest baseball fan, as I have said before. My boy, however, really is. So seeing the season come to an end is a little sad for me. Mostly because I didn't get to go to as many games as I wanted to. They were often at night, so I would stay home with Gabe and Oliver to put them to bed, while Chad took Colin. I know that this was the practical thing to do, and there is no way I will make it to all of my kids' games over the years, but I feel like I really missed out.

All of the other parents on the team have been commenting to us about how much determination and hustle Colin shows. He is very young and small, and it was 2 years since he played on a baseball team (and so long ago that it was T-ball). He had a lot to learn this season, and he soaked it up like a sponge. Colin has always tried to master anything he is interested in, and you could see that in his batting, throwing, and concentration. I'm proud of him!


(so is Ollie)


Let me tell you though, it was so stinkin' hot this morning. I had sweat marks on my t-shirt by 10 am.

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Ah, I can't wait until my babies play sports. How fun!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

WHAT! You didn't tell about the and LAST game?

Katie said...

Well, we weren't sure if it was the last game...if they had won it wouldn't have been!

Em said...

the heat is already making me grouchy and it's barely even in the 80's. i also allowed myself a sunburn this morning b/c while i promised myself i would stay in the shade, brennan had other plans. so now i'm hot and burned. dang it. the point i was trying to make was, yeah, sweat at 10am, i was feeling that this morning here. and it's not even that hot out.
p.s. i love baseball. it common knowledge in the house that i hope brennan wants to play. i wish sean would. hubba hubba, i wish sean would, lol.