Thursday, August 26, 2010

Back to School


Yesterday was the first day of school. Colin was complaining that his stomach hurt the night before and even asked, "If I throw up, do I still have to go tomorrow?" so I was worried about how he was going to be, but he was excited and happy. I am doing the morning carpool duties, which means I have to have all three boys dressed, fed, and out the door by 7:25am. I have been sleeping in a bit over the summer (Colin is old enough to get himself cereal now) so the change has been worrying me. We made it yesterday without tears, and Colin had such a good time joking around with his cousins on the way to school that I don't think he even said goodbye when I dropped them off.

Good first day, but he was up for a good part of last night with croup, so he missed the second day!

Isn't he handsome and grown up? Yes, he is still stickin' with the camo.


We had our annual Back-to-School Dinner the night before. Colin chose the menu again and we had curry, pad thai, and homemade egg-rolls with sweet and sour dipping sauce. Yum! We also rolled out this year's family motto: I Believe in Christ - He is my King!, inspired by one of my favorite hymns.


6 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Looks like SOO MUCH FUN! Syds first day is Monday when we get back & I'm planning on having a dinner for her. Love it!

lindsey said...

you are such a good mom.
recipes please:)

Katie said...

Lindsey - not that great - everything was out of a box or jar expect for the eggrolls!

Ashley said...

How's it going getting out the door on time? Is Sabina/Bobby doing the afternoon pickup?

Katie said...

Morning haven't been too bad. It is actually kind of nice to get it over with and be done early in the morning. Sabina is bringing them home in the afternoons because she has a class not far from there that ends shortly before they get out.

Em said...

This makes me want thai food.