Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Makeover -Part II


The after shots

The rug was the first thing we bought. We had been planning on going in a totally different direction, but we saw this rug on clearance at Target and loved it. The side table is the Hol from Ikea. The little chair the Solsta Olarp from Ikea, and the little lamp is also from Ikea - it is the Januari . Yes, there is a theme going on here, and that theme will continue. If I don't say where something is from, you can assume it is Ikea.

The frames on the mantel are from Walmart. I put fabric swatches that I bought from Fat Quarters Shop. They are from the Poppy series by Laura Gunn for Michael Miller.

I actually found most of the same prints later at Mary Jo's, which is about twenty minutes from my house.






Bookselves- Expedit with the Nasum storage baskets.
Lamps - Vate
Wall Hanging - Pjatteryd
The pillows were made with the Aqua Poppy fabric by my talented mother. The curtains are shower curtains that we found on clearance at Target. Shhh, don't tell.



We found the bench in the "As Is" section at Ikea, but I can't remember what it was called and can't find it online. White pillows - OfeliaBlad - the covers zip off and are washable!

I think that is it! Chad and I are both very anti-clutter (showing, at least :o) - we like everything to be minimal, functional, and comfortable, and I feel like that is exactly what it is now.

5 comments:

Cat said...

I LOVE it! It so looks like what I want our house to look like...all grown up and stuff! : ) I love the colors! Is the Ikea chair comfortable? Matt and I always always debate that when we're there. Great job!!

Chad Coleman said...

I would say the chair is surprisingly comfortable. To look at, it looks very rigid and hard, when in reality it is a pretty nice seat. The room is generally is a little femme for me, but I'm warming up to it slowly. I still miss my TV immensely (sad huh) and I get really bored at night, but I'm probably using my time more wisely. The lack of TV situation will be revisited once we sell our freakin investment property - come on Real Estate Market!!!

In terms of clarifying the previous post, I'd like to think I'm a pretty mellow guy 99.9% of the time, but for whatever reason, the Laker's get me riled up. Outside of that, it takes quite a bit to get me going (Unless your 7, 4, and 1 year old all decide to write on the wall with a pen and watch each other do it...).

Olivia Carter said...

WOW! It looks amazing! I'm so jealous!

Ashley said...

Ummm, where is Chad's favorite chair that was sitting where the new Ikea chair is??

Katie said...

Ashley - in the computer room with a matching one. We watch "TV" in there now.