Sunday, August 8, 2010

When I Grow Up





There is nothing Oliver would rather do than follow Chad around all day. As soon as Chad gets home, he says, "Ollie, I need help!" and Ollie is immediately at his side to go wherever Dad goes and do whatever Dad does. If he notices Chad doing something without him, he always joins right in - just like the pictures above. Both times he ran to grab his own tools to help Chad.

Tonight Chad was gathering his suitcase to leave for Houston, and Ollie ran to get his shoes for him. Then Ollie picked up the suitcase handle and started carrying it to the door saying, "Go Airpane! Go Airport!" Chad picked him up and explained that Daddy was going to the airport, but he was staying home. A huge sob erupted from Oliver and he put his little arms around Chad's neck and cried long and hard into it.

I think those two really get each other. I hope Ollie always aspires to be like his Daddy.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

That is just too sweet. Poor little guy.

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, that's so sweet! What a sweet lil guy!

lindsey said...

this post makes me hurt for Ollie! poor little guy. Lily loves to follow her daddy around and help him, especially in the garden. Every monday she is so sad to find out that he isn't home, but at work. poor kids :)

Chad Coleman said...

I think he was picturing a fun week with dad in Houston - pillow fights at night, pool time during the day, and eating ribs while watching TV. He really is my pal-pal. Anytime I need help, I know he's more than willing to help me out. I already miss him!

kj said...

That is the sweetest thing ever. Breaks my heart for Ollie that he couldn't go!

Christie said...

Jeb is turning into such a Daddy's boy now. Sobbed his little heart out when Daddy when to Scouts tonight.