Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Cravings Part I

Over a week ago, I was hit with a swedish meatballs craving. I was planning our menu for the weekly, so I immediately looked up a recipe and added the ingredients to my shopping list. While I was at the store, I saw canned pumpkin and thought a pie would be a nice dessert for the meal, so I added those ingredients to my cart as well.

And then, it was hot all week. You can't have that meal with summer-like weather.

Finally the heat broke on Sunday. It was rainy. Almost fall-like. Close enough for swedish meatballs.

I used Alton Brown's Swedish Meatball recipe and it did not disappoint. If you like Ikea swedish meatballs, these ones will knock your stockings off. We served them on top of Chaddy's delicious mashed potatoes with cranberry sauce on the side. Don't skip the cranberry sauce (with berries - don't just buy the jelly-like stuff) - mix a little in for full effect, or even run to Ikea and get some lingonberry sauce instead.



Yes, I am commanding you to make these. Soon. Do it.

If you are pregnant, just don't eat too much or you might regret it later.

4 comments:

lindsey said...

It's funny you talk about it not being the right weather for it.. I made sausage potato kale soup last night :) the meatballs look delicious! i can't wait for fall.it was 105 here yesterday!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh man! When we get home I am SO making that! It looks A-MAZ-ING!

Linda, Mom and Granny said...

It was so Yummy! Thanks!

Audra said...

MMMMMMMMMMMMMMMMmmmmmmmmmm