Thursday, February 3, 2011

Happy Chinese New Year!

Colin was pretty excited this morning when he left for school.

Today is Chinese New Year, which means he will be having a classroom party with noodles, dumpling and fortune cookies, followed by a performance with all the Chinese immersion students. It's a big day at Smith Academy today, with another performance this evening. Wish me luck as I try to get a 2 year old to sit through over an hour of what sounds like utter jibberish to him (and me.)

You should be excited too. Why? You can use this coupon to get some free firecracker chicken at Panda Express today. Hop on over.

6 comments:

James said...

Nearest one is Brownsville, over an hour away. I'm surprised we don't have one closer, but I'm sure we will soon.

Enjoy it, whoever can.

lindsey said...

Too bad I don't like spicey food... Seth had this last week and said it was alright, but not great.

Bubb Rubb said...

I'm a big fan of Panda. I got this a few weeks back as a comp for them taking so long with my order. It was just OK. Fine since it is free but there are better options if you are paying for an entrée.

Katie said...

Yes, I think I have had it and I didn't like it nearly as much as some of their other stuff.

Olivia Carter said...

YUM! That looks amazing! And I love Chinese New Year- China has a special place in my heart. What animal year is it this year?

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

It was a fun program. The boys sitting next to me (Oliver, Gabe and Liam) made it much more fun. The three grandkid performers did great. They didn't get their talent from their grandpa Jeppson.