Saturday, February 26, 2011

I LOVED my birthday! (Lots of exclamation points and capitals here)

I decided that for my 30th birthday, I didn't want any huge surprises...I just wanted to do exactly what I wanted to do. So I threw myself a Just Dance 2 party. Chad picked up a few Costco pizzas and I asked my the guests (my family members) to bring appetizers in lieu of gifts, and boy did they deliver. I told them, "Think to yourself - what would pregnant Katie want?" and I was so touched that they seemed to know exactly what to bring. Sabina made incredible fruits pizzas (that the kids gobbled down), my mom brought bread to dip in delicious hummus, and Levi and Audra brought brownies. It was really the perfect meal.


I tried not to fill up too much because we spent the WHOLE NIGHT dancing. I mean, really. Almost everyone gave it a shot, and I was never short on dance partners. I loved how much the kids got into it (even my little Ollie), and we were all shocked and amazed when the star of the evening turned out to be my 8 year old nephew Santiago. NO ONE (expect me, of course, because you know, I totally rock this game, even 8 months pregnant ;) could beat him. It was awesome.

Outside we inagurated our new fire pit and had a variety of different s'more options. The men seemed to gravitate to the fire, along with my niece, who almost attempted to roast a marshmallow using her fingers and more than almost started a little fire in the mulch of my flower bed.

It was a great way to turn 30. I love my family! If they could have ALL been there it would have been perfect.

11 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Oh looks like SO MUCH FUN!

Love the fire pit! I SO WANT ONE OF THOSE!

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

Great party! Great host and birthday girl. I think everyone had a great time. We have a fun family!

Ashley said...

That's awesome that Santiago was so good. I'm pretty sure that my entire family would be pretty bad at it - except maybe Rae.

Which niece was the trouble maker? I'm guessing Lettie or Callie. That is hilarious.

I really really want a fire pit. It's at the top of my list for mother's day present/tax refund fun spending :)

Christie said...

I'm guessing Jovie if the fire was on purpose and Callie if it wasn't.

We're pretty ghetto and have these industrial size/strength "cookie sheets" we use instead of a firepit.

lindsey said...

Looks like fun. I keep meaning to post a video I got on my phone of Lily trying the xbox version of just dance. She loved it and took it very seriously. We had a fire pit at our last house and used it constantly.. I miss it.. sometimes we just make a fire in our smoker, but it isn't the same since you can't sit around it.
I guessed Jovie for the fire, only because I would guess Lettie is a little too old to start one...

Katie said...

I am so glad that we finally bought one! Now to get some furniture for out there so we can actually sit around it.

miss universo ™ said...

Parabéns pelo blog. Está perfeito e os artigos são muito bons!

http://comunidademissuniversotm.blogspot.com/

James said...

Wow, now Katie is getting spammed in Spanish.

And those industrial cookie sheets turned fire pits are some appropriated remnants of the facility in Pyote when Vardell and I went on walkabout to the old airbase.

Christie said...

LOL, James...not Spanish...guess we're going to have to live down here a little longer so you can learn.

Em said...

Happy birthday!

llq said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeousbridal jackets