Thursday, February 24, 2011

Mrs. Boring ;o)

I badly needed a new hair-do. I wanted something different. I searched online to try and find a picture of something that I wanted, but the fact of the matter is, celebrity hairstyles aren't for me. I am not super trendy, I am super low-maintenance, and I have a baby coming in 5 weeks, so I didn't want anything that would need a touch-up in 6 weeks (plus I am too cheap to convince myself to go back anytime near that for touch-ups). So I really didn't find any pictures online that I thought would realistically work for me, right now.

I have gone to a professional for a haircut maybe 6 times in my life, and only once before to anywhere more upscale than Great Clips. I have never had it colored professionally. To me, going to get my hair done is about as relaxing as going the Dr. I am always happy that I did afterwards, but I don't like the process. Anyway, I couldn't even work myself up to making an appointment - Chad did it for me, and I was tempted to cancel in.

Boy, with all this lead-up, you are probably expecting dramatic results, so I am just going to tell you to drop those expectations now :o) I went in this morning and had a good talk with my very impressive stylist. When I said I was low-maintenance, she suggested that I get lowlights, since they can just grow out if you don't want to keep them up. I said okay. I said I have been trying to grow my hair out for years but always end up chopping it off at this blah stage. I told her that I don't spend a lot of time on my hair, and she listened when I said I didn't want anything that would my face look wider.. I really liked her - she was realistic and didn't want to do anything that would require me to come back in very soon or that would require a lot of styling every day.

When it was over, I wasn't blown away by my hair, but very very pleased. I still look like myself, but a lot livelier and I feel pretty again, which isn't an easy feat this far along in my pregnancy. Honestly, I don't think my kids can tell a difference, but I can! I guess I went in not knowing what I wanted and the stylist figured it out for me. I am happy with it!


Then I got to go stand in line at the DMV for hours because my license expires tomorrow! Fun! At least I will hopefully have a decent new picture for it!

14 comments:

jess and scott said...

Seriously Katie-
That whole story and no picture!:) I feel the same way though... I have two hair styles: short or ponytail

Olivia Carter said...

Wow- I actually really like it! It just adds that little bit of sass. such cute length- not short but not at that awkward shoulder length stage it takes forever to get past. Really I like it :)

Ashley said...

Ummm, will your license have your name as Jeppson??

I love your hair. It is totally what I want. The last time I got my haircut was October and I like it okay but as it is growing out I need something different. Take lots of pictures from different angles so I can take it with me to get my haircut :)

Katie said...

Ashley - yep, like it always has :o) Oh, and Colin actually told me that my hair looks like yours in the back! I thought that was funny for him to observe.

Katie said...

Jess - was the picture not there before?

The Husband said...

That's really funny that he was that observant! Your hair style is what I wanted but she did too many layers.

Ashley said...

ERGH, again!!

Caroline said...

Just having someone wash, blow dry and style your hair is such a treat. It's amazing how much better it can look than the job I can do myself! I got my hair done as one of the first things post partum - talk about needing to feel pretty! Go ahead and make some kind of appointment for after baby (massage, haircut, mani/pedi) you deserve it!!

Sandi said...

It turned out awesome! You're that trendy prego lady we all wish we could pull off. Lookin' fab!

Kelly said...

I like the hair a lot! I totally recommend letting the professionals take care of your hair for you. It make a big difference if you find one you like.

Kari said...

I can't remember the last time I saw you with such long hair! It looks great on you. And I really like the A-line cut--like Olivia said, just a little bit sassy.

jess and scott said...

Guess I am the only one who can't see the picture for some reason. I knew you wouldn't leave out a picture! I'll just have to wait until Sunday...

Em said...

Looks so cute Katie! Amazing what a little snip can do. I'm going in for mine on Saturday. Can't wait.

rileysmom said...

I really like the cut