Friday, March 4, 2011

Afternoons with Gabe

When I get Oliver to sleep during naptime, I come downstairs (on the days that I don't fall asleep as well), and ask Gabe what he wants to do. This is our time to do the things that Oliver might normally make more difficult. We play Just Dance, practice piano, make snowflakes and paper chains, and read books without interruption. Today we got to try out the new Play-Doh toys that Gabe bought with money he had been saving up. Do you know how relaxing (and fun!) Play-Doh can be? Gabe makes jokes, and talks my ear off about his imaginary "war" (which is really just what he calls his fantasy land, full of dragons, snakes that talk, and men made of lava and water).



Gabe is almost 5 1/2 now. Since he is has an October birthday, a lot of his friends are already in kindergarten. I know he is ready to go - he can read and he listens to instructions quite well - he loves his preschool days twice a week. I am glad though, that I get these extra moments of alone time with him. I know that those moments will be harder to find in a month or so, and for now I am cherishing them.

5 comments:

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

He is such a fun and funny kid!

Olivia Carter said...

Oh, that's just so sweet!

Chad Coleman said...

"The Sir" cracks me up - he's a cute kid!

Em said...

i was just thinking today how much i have been loving my afternoons with brennan too, but he is on the couch watching a movie and i'm on the computer!!! all while little miss max sleeps upstairs:) i love having some down time!

llq said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeousbridal jackets