Saturday, March 5, 2011

Baby Shower

Today the lovely ladies of my ward threw a baby shower for me and Sarah - a gorgeous and incredibly sweet red-head who is also expecting her fourth child just a couple of days after me - also a girl. We had soups, salads, and lots lots of pink gifts.




This is the only picture I have of my friend Bonnie, hostess extraordinaire. She is always doing something for someone!

We all had a good laugh about what people must have thought when she went to pick up the cake.

I felt very loved by how excited everyone was to adorn my little girl in the cutest and sweetest little outfits. One outfit in particular made me cry. My mom gave me my blessing dress. Made 30 years ago by one of my mom's friends and still in perfect condition, my little daughter will now be blessed in it. Thanks Mom!




Thank you to everyone who came and helped with our shower. As Chad went through the gifts with me at home, he was just dumbfounded by the genorsity of everyone. I am so lucky to be surrounded by such thoughtful women.

13 comments:

Ashley said...

If we end up with a girl she is going to wear my blessing dress. Mom gave it to me a while ago. I wanted Rae to wear it, but mom reminded me that the first born gets a lot of other things.

I remember when Roy had to kill time during my bridal shower and baby shower (with Rae) he was annoyed, but couldn't believe all the stuff I got and said it was well worth the 3 hours!

Bonnie said...

That is a pretty awesome picture of me! I am glad you had a good time and felt so loved. You are.

Katie said...

Ashley - I always planned on my second daughter getting my blessing dress, because I am the second daughter....but who knows if I will have one, and I figure if I have one I will make her a special one/have mom make her a special one.

lindsey said...

Looks like fun! I know this will sound odd, but I want to know where Sarah got that shirt. I had a shirt that shade of green right after I had Lily and I loved what it did to my eyes!
Anyway, back to the shower. that was very sweet of mom. She is always so considerate. Lily wore my blessing dress.. Sorry Mayan and any more to come.... I do need to do something special for Mayan cuz Lily has my dress and also her "snuggle bear" from her aunt Mariam and "Banner bear" from the hospital when she was stung by the scorpion.

Olivia Carter said...

Okay, you look like a million bucks!

And I love that dress! syd was blessed my blessing dress too. This crazy long vintage English christening dress. So sweet!

Christie said...

LOL Neither of my daughters wore my blessing dress...the first child doesn't always get stuff. I was the first and all three of my sisters have chimed in about their lovely homemade blessing dresses...mine was just a run-of-the-mill store bought one. Of course Mom has made up for it with my wedding dress and 3 homemade blessing outfits for my kiddos!

Lyric said...

My babies won't be wearing my blessing dress, because with the whole adoption process and what not, I was a crawling baby by the time I was blessed.

That dress is absolutely beautiful and it looks brand new. Is it white with a pink underlay? I love it!

Ashley said...

Yeah Christie - I think the homemade wedding dress definitely made up for it!

Gaynelle said...

I am dying about the cake. That is just about the funniest thing ever. Way to go Bonnie.
I have my blessing dress too, but I'm having my sister make one for me. Something of her own to keep.

Autumn said...

You look amazing! And I LOVE the picture of you and your mom!!!

kj said...

Beautiful pictures! That blessing dress is the most gorgeous thing ever. Lucky little girl to have a grandmother with great skills and taste.

Em said...

so exciting!!! yay for girls! not to say that boys aren't great, they are, it's just exciting to be doing something new:)

llq said...

this is soooooooooooooooooooooooo gorgeousbridal jackets