Sunday, March 20, 2011

Homemade Gifts for the Girl

A couple of months ago, my mom presented me with this sweet little baby quilt that she made. I love the chubby ballerinas, and what is sweetest about the whole thing is that she bought the fabric when she first found out I was pregnant (the first time), over eight years ago, just in case it was a girl. It wasn't, of course, and neither was the next, or next, but she kept the fabric all along, hoping to use it. I love it. Thanks Mom!


Another homemade gift that stole my heart was made by my talented friend Shyann. You should have heard the "ooohs" and "ahhhs" that filled the room when I unwrapped this beautiful little dress at my baby shower. Everything about this dress is perfection - the colors, the style, the ribbon in the back, the flower clip that goes with it...and most of all the skill with which it was sewn. Really, these pictures don't even come close to doing it justice. It is a dainty little number that I can't wait to see on my little girl. Chad giggled like a school girl when he saw it too. Thanks Shyann!

9 comments:

lindsey said...

That is so sweet of mom.
I love love love that dress! wow I want one for both girls!

Ashley said...

Wow, that dress is awesome! I wonder if your little girl will like to share with her cousin ;) But they will probably be the same size - bummer.

Katie said...

Ashley - we all know that Claire will be bigger than my girl since they are only going to be a month apart!

Gaynelle said...

That is talent. I wish I had some.

Olivia Carter said...

Oh that is so sweet! I love it- the ballerinas! & that dress! I LOVE!

Jamie said...

That blanket is adorable! How sweet that your mom saved the fabric all that time. The dress is gorgeous! I fall in love with just about anything that has that color of red.

Christie said...

Are you really surprised Mom saved the fabric all that time? ;)
Very beautiful dress.

Jones Family said...

I love the blanket and the dress! SO CUTE!!!!

Em said...

I can't believe that dress!!! I almost reached into my phone screen to grab it out of the picture. I love it that much.