Sunday, April 24, 2011

Baby-In-A-Easter-Basket


When I saw this basket a couple of months ago, I snatched it up, thinking it would be just perfect for my baby girl. I did not anticipate two things: that she would be born early instead of late, and that she would be my fastest growing baby. She barely fit in the basket yesterday.

This cheesy tradition that started with a spur-of-the-moment photo shoot when Colin was 18 days old, has become much more than that for me. Every Easter when we pull out those baskets, I coo to the kids, "Ooooh, I can't believe you used to fit in that basket!!!" It makes me gooey with nostalgic love and I am reminded how precious they all are to me, and how quickly time passes.

Pictures of the other kids in their baskets here.

3 comments:

Christie said...

Ah, I so remember those first pictures with Colin...and thinking "Katie needs a girl!"

lindsey said...

How sweet. I should've done this with Mayan last year! I didn't even think of it. I remember Colin that little, wow I can't believe how long ago that was...

Em said...

that is so cute it makes me want to cry! mainly b/c i did nothing creative with max in a basket and what if the rest of my babies scream again like brennan. oh the woes of lost opportunity. sigh.so so cute!!!