Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Grandma and Grandpa in the mountains

We were lucky enough to pay a visit to "the mountains" while my in-laws were here.  For those of you who haven't heard about our hook-up - my sister-in-law's parents own a home off the Blue Ridge Parkway in Virginia that they are gracious enough to let us use.

Just like everyone does on their first trip there, Bill and Judy fell in love with the mountains.  What's not to love?  Incredible views, fresh air, campfires, gorgeous and comfy accommodations, and lots of family time.  We spent Mother's Day there - which was just perfect, in my opinion.

See the kite?

 Remember Oliver and his plow?








8 comments:

Em said...

i want to buy one of those grass fed cows!!! will they ship it?! seriously, i'm partly serious.

Josh and Shyann Croke Family said...

Great pictures! I especially love that first one.

Katie said...

Em - every year my brother and sister-in-law get their freezers filled to the brim with grass-fed beef. Sometimes they will have us over for steak. Pretty cool, huh?

Ashley said...

Okay, we are FOR SURE going there next time we make it to Charlotte. Everyone else and their mom has been there and it's just ridiculous that we haven't :)

Katie said...

I agree Ashley! RIDICULOUS!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

Your pictures are all so good. I love the one of kids with Grandpa & Grandma. But, how could you take a bad picture up there? Breath-taking...

Christie said...

Ashley, you've never been there with all the times you've visited
Charlotte?!
Actually, my family has never been there, either. I went back when I visited Levi and Audra when they lived in Williamsburg.

Kari said...

Woa, Katie. Woa. That picture of the boys holding hands is perfect!