Thursday, May 26, 2011

Stuff I never blogged about

 Chaddy and I celebrated ten years of marriage back in April.  A month ago today, actually.  It was a nice, relaxing day.  Chad was still on paternity leave, so we did lunch at a place that we have really wanted to try for awhile - Miro.  I don't know how to add the little accent thingie that it should have.  Anyway, we got their tapas sampler and it was muy delicioso.  My stomach is growling right now as I think about it. We went out for ice cream afterwards, which is made Carina barfy later, but it sure was good! See Carina looking at Chad in the picture down below?  She got to come on our anniversary date with us.  I can remember Colin at Spaghetti Factory with us for our anniversary when he was only a few weeks old. 

While my in-laws were in town, my mother-in-law Judy celebrated her birthday.  It was on the same day as Mother's Day, which happens a lot for her.  It kind of stinks because people often combine the two days, and we all know that a mother deserves both those days.  Especially someone who had to call poison control multiple times while raising a rather raucous Chaddycakes, and once found him hanging out the second story window (naked.)  From what I hear, Ollie is a piece of cake compared to toddler Chad.

Anyway, we took Judy out to Mac's Speed Shop (where we tried the fried pickles, which I am still not sure about) to celebrate her birthday and had a brownie cake for her.  I am so lucky to have a mother-in-law like her.  I genuinely like her and she was such a huge help while she was here.  Besides being on constant baby-holding duty, she also washed my dishes, cleaned, and did my laundry.  Told you I was lucky!  We miss you already Judy!

 Speaking on missing, here is a picture of Colin bawling when he had to say goodbye to Grandma and Grandpa Coleman the night before they left.  It was very sad.
I think that is it for now but I have a bunch of other stuff that I may or may not get to.

4 comments:

Ashley said...

Claire got to go on a date with us Friday night and will be going on our anniversary date too (Roy's mom will be in town, so we'll have a babysitter - woo hoo!) I wish Roy would try out different restaurants - he always just wants Outback or Olive Garden. I want to try Five Guys - is it as good as it's hyped up to be?

Ashley said...

(They just opened one in Columbia, that's why I'm interested)

Chad Coleman said...

Five Guys is really my favorite place to get a good burger. I think some people look at it as a rip-off because they compare it to fast food and it is pricier. But if you compare it to sit-down places, it is a good deal for a great burger. Also, you have to be able to appreciate a really greasy meaty burger. If you get their fries, they are HUGE. We get one serving for the whole family. So yes, I think it as good as it is hyped up to be, but I am a burger person.

Chad Coleman said...

Whoops, that was Katie, but Chad does totally agree with what I said. He loves Five Guys just as much as I do.