Thursday, June 2, 2011

More stuff I never blogged about

 Gabe and Colin had their spring piano recital.  As you can see, they had soccer games directly after, and after soccer there was a Primary talent show.  By the time soccer was over, our kids were wiped out and asked if they could skip the talent show.  Since we were going to be about 40 minutes late anyway, we said yes.  It was a crazy day.  I was proud of the kids at the recital - especially Gabe.  I always forget how young he really is, and I know it isn't easy for a sometimes shy little guy to get up in front of everyone and play.  Speaking of Gabe....

He had his Beginner's Day for kindergarten while my in-laws were here.  We left Oliver and Colin home with Judy and took Bill with us. At Beginner's Day they had a uniform fashion show and then divided the kids up by language, took them to a classroom, and talked to the parents a little.  Gabe was scared but brave.  I get sad thinking about him going to school next year.  I never thought that I would be as sad as I was with Colin because this is my second time letting go and Gabe is older than Colin was, but I am sad nevertheless.  Gabe is my pal during the day and it is so hard to think of him being under someone else's care for so much of the day.  Do my kids have to grow up so fast?

2 comments:

Ashley said...

I feel sorry for you having Gabe go to school - who is going to keep an eye on Ollie for you?? If Rae were in school we'd have some bored little boys in our house and a whole lot of mischief! (But also a lot less drama)

Christie said...

I'm definitely going to miss Elizabeth. And Amelia is going to miss her even more as they play together SO well. But I'm excited to see Amelia and Jeb's relationship develop and to see Amelia take her place as the "oldest" during the day.