Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Like a school girl

IMGP9031

I always had a thing for athletes.  Not sports (no sirree), but athletes, yes.  All my crushes were on boys who played one sport or another well. I even have a journal entry written in elementary school about playing soccer against one of those crushes and “accidently” running into him.   

I had sworn off crushes by my freshman year in high school, but when Chad arrived on the scene, playing baseball, soccer and football, my heart did a little thump.  After we started dating, I would sit in the stands and hear comments all around me about what a great player he was, and my face would burn a little, and my heart would do a double thump.

14 years  later, and he is playing in a soccer league again.  The kids and I went to watch him last Thursday. Holding our little doll in my arms, the boys running around behind me, I heard one of the other players say, “Chad is playing well today.”

Blush. Thump thump. 16 all over again.

4 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, love this post!

lindsey said...

Funny post... I always had a thing for drummers in hs... Never saw Seth played the drums until after we were married... I know what you mean (and I have zero musical talent)

Bubb Rubb said...

Soccer isn't a sport.

Audra said...

How cute! And I mean that not sarcastic! I always liked the grungy skater-boys... so I love it when Levi doesn't shave for a few days! haha!