Tuesday, September 27, 2011

Carina is half a year old!

Length: 26 1/4 inches, 50-75%

Weight: 15 lbs 12 oz,  50%

Head: 44 cms, 75-90%

Picnik collage

She is rolling, scooting, rocking on her knees, chewing on everything in sight, and playing with her feet a lot.  She is starting to have a little stranger anxiety, but most of the time she  passes out the smiles to everyone who looks at her, especially her brothers.  She never sits still anymore and is so delighted in exploring the world around her and trying to figure out what is going on. She has become anti-car rides since school started back up and fusses almost every day when we go to pick the boys up, until the moment Colin gets in the car and talks to her.  Then she is just fine and happy.  She also has a favorite song, Mindy Glendhill’s Anchor, which calms her down almost every time I play it in the car.  As soon as it is over she starts to fuss again until I restart it.  Luckily it is a favorite of her brothers too, so no one really minds.   Sometimes I hear her making happy noises in the car and I ask Colin if she is talking to him, and he says that she is just looking at Gabe in the back and trying to get his attention.  At night, she has started to flip towards Chad when she is ready to sleep, so she can get a little daddy time, and if she is awake at all, she will flip over and bat at him to play, and then flip back really quickly and laugh, teasing him.  We love our girl and I can’t believe it is has been six months!

(Oh, and her eyes are still blue! Who would have guessed it?!)

I am hoping to make this Carina week – maybe I will finally get around to telling you where she got her name and maybe, just maybe, her birth story (finally).

14 comments:

jess and scott said...

Too cute! Love the blue and yellow. Can't believe she is 6mo already!

Carly Nicole Elliotte My Micro Preemie said...

I just stumbled across your blog searching other charlotte bloggers. Your family is beautiful! :)

Happy Blogging,
Rachel

lindsey said...

First I have to say I LOVE LOVE LOVE baby girls in yellow and blue. Second, she is adorable. I love that my girls are daddy's girls. Leslie already smiles and tries to coo at her daddy more than at me and I am ok with that. I get breastfeeding, I want him to have a special connection too. I am sure that Chad is completely thrilled with that fact that she wants his cuddles and attention.(and so does Colin) What a sweet family... this makes me so excited to see you in a month!

Gaynelle said...

I can't believe she is six months. I love the outfit, Ella had the same one in newborn size. Carina is darling.

Ashley said...

1. She's getting more hair! Cute!

2. Is her head less flat on the one side? It looks completely normal now. Yay if it is!

3. Please, please, please make this Carina week!!

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I've always thought your boys were so darling, couldn't wait to see a female version of them and now we can see it. She is absolutely a cutie pie. And your photography is great too.

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

She is so much fun. She keeps me awake in Sunday School.

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, she's SO CUTE! And I'd love to hear where her name came from!

lindsey said...

PS can we make a few headbands while I am there :) I need something for our photo shoot (and it'd be fun)

Em said...

Beautiful eyes

Em said...

Beautiful eyes

Shannon said...

She is sooo cute! I am jealous of her blue eyes! They photograph so well!

Bobby said...

Happy Half Birthday Carina!

Christie said...

Amelia says "She's beautiful!"