Friday, September 23, 2011

So You Think You Can Dance Tour 2011

 imageAudra and I went to the So You Think You Can Dance tour on Wednesday for the fifth year in a row.  It was a great show – they greatly improved the flow of it this year, cutting out all the lame jokes and talking, and working the choreography so that each dance flowed from one to the next.  Just a gorgeous show.  We went to dinner beforehand using a Groupon I had, and it was so bleh that I have been dreaming about Cheesecake Factory ever since.  We didn’t stay after to meet all the stars this year.  The crowd was getting younger and larger every year and we are getting older and busier.  Neither of us could really afford to stay up ‘til 2.  It was so much fun though that I really didn’t miss it, and it was nice to be home by ten to find my husband unfrazzled and my baby asleep (she hasn’t been dealing with me being gone very well lately  and will have nothing to do with a bottle, so I was worried).  Anyway, some of the highlights of the night:

  • Melanie’s solo.  Brought tears to my eyes. 
  • Laughing with Audra

image

  • Talking about the dancing with Audra (we are of one mind when it comes to SYTYCD)
  • Just being out on the town at night!

 image

  • So many of the dance numbers that I can’t list them all.

 

I had a great time and went home exhilarated but with a somewhat achy heart.  Sometimes I miss dancing and performing so much.  I want to be Melanie!

BTW, yesterday I showed said to Chad, “Hey I took a pretty cool picture uptown” and showed him the picture above.  And he goes, “Oh, you took a picture of my building?”  Yep, I took a picture of the building he works in without even realizing it.  They did just move in over the summer, so I guess I’m not a totally idiotic wife. 

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, looks like so much fun! I actually watched the last 6 or so episodes just so I would know what my friend Esther was talking about all the time. It's a blast to watch!

lindsey said...

First, I am so jealous... Someday I will get to go with you :)
Second, these pictures make me so excited for our photo shoot next month!