Thursday, September 1, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part I

This first post is written by my sister Ashley Wright

My mom is incredibly thoughtful. 
She is always aware of what people are most in need of.  The times I have most noticed this is when she comes to help me with a new baby.  It always seems like she is one step ahead of me and I never even have to ask her to do something.  Whether it is taking the baby so I can rest, cleaning my kitchen, making a meal or playing with the other kids - she's right there doing it before I even realize it needs done. 
bliase3
 blaise2
If I step back and look at my childhood I can see examples there as well. She would take me for special birthday trips out of town, help with a chore when she could see that we were just too overwhelmed and she was always helping those around us.  And one of my favorite current examples is how well she knows her grandkids and finds way to make each of them feel special.  She knows what activities they like to do, types of treats they like and she always comes up with perfect gifts for birthdays and Christmas.
 blaise
She doesn't just serve others - she takes the time and effort to think of their individual needs and doesn't just do what is convenient for her. She is an incredible example to me and I love her for all that she does for our family.

2 comments:

mom and grandma of BOLTON BUNCH said...

I totally agree, Ashley, that is a true quality of your mom.

Katie said...

I think we will hear this aspect of mom over and over again because it is so much who she is. She just gave Oliver a gift that was perfect for him.