Sunday, September 11, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part XIX

I got posts from both Adena Hebdon and her mother Terri Ulmer, longtime friends of ours in Blythe, so I decided to post them together.    adenaandterri

Linda is a joy to be around.


It's impossible for me to see or even think of Linda without a smile coming to my face. When I was little I visited her home regularly and I remember it being a happy and joyous place. That's not to say we didn't get scolded for staying up waaaay too late, but that was well deserved. She is so quick to smile and to give a reassuring hug. The world needs more people like her.

Linda is a true friend in every way.

I can still remember what she said the first time we met. She said," Hi, I'm Linda Jeppson. We plan on leaving Blythe soon but I'll be your friend ‘til we leave."  Instead of leaving she stayed and blessed my life in innumerable ways.  She helped me adjust to Blythe, raise my children, and always set the example for me to follow. We laughed and cried together, shared tender moments and leaned on each other when needed. When I needed advice, I knew she would always point me in the right direction.  She was my number one source for parenting advice. I could call her in the middle of the night with a sick child and she'd know what to do. We served together in Primary, Scouting and Young Women’s. She taught my children in Seminary and her knowledge of the gospel and her strong testimony is an inspiration to me. And even though she may not be able to speak as well anymore, I know that the fire of her testimony still burns bright.  She is compassionate and genuinely loves people unconditionally. She builds people up, never tears them down. When I needed a boost she'd pick me up and help me get back on my feet. Her laugh was contagious and just brightened the room.

Linda, you are such a remarkable, amazing woman. Your influence for good will continue to bless the lives of generations. I love you.

Happy Birthday, Terri

1 comment:

Katie said...

I loved hearing from both of you. You are both so engraved in my childhood memories, so it means a lot to me.