Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part XXVI

SusanHarward

This post was written by Susan Harward, a longtime friend of my mom’s.

Linda is… I’ve been thinking about this for weeks now. Most everything I’ve thought about has been said by others, and said better than I could have. She’s a pretty amazing person.

So, Linda is a good friend. I didn’t like her when I first met her. But how can you not like her once you get to know her? Despite our differences, we became good friends. Distance doesn’t change that. Our friendship has continued as we’ve gone our different geographical ways. But it’s the kind of friendship that just picks up again whenever we talk or get together. I loved seeing her when we both went to Ed Week. We’d get together for breakfast and then attend some classes together. I think the last time I saw her was at Ed Week. Cathy Monnett drove up to join us and we got a motel room and caught up. Part of that catching up was talking about aphasia. Linda bought each of us a little charm, one side a sun, and the other side said “Glory of the Sun”. I still carry it around with me. I treasure our friendship. 

I also have to mention that when anyone asks about examples of charity, I always use Linda and Bob.

Happy Birthday Linda!  Wish I were there so we could celebrate together.  I love you.

1 comment:

Katie said...

I know my mom loves and admire you too Susan! Thanks for contributing.