Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part XXX

This post was written by my cousin Danielle, the daughter of my mom’s sister Diana. 

danielle

I have SO many memories of my Aunt Linda. I remember when we used to go to California and see all or our cousins. ( My Mom's sisters all lived there and we lived in Idaho) I remember going to Linda's house and making pizza with EVERYBODY! I thought it was THE COOLEST thing ever! Linda had a HUGE table and all of her kids and me and my brother were all able to sit around it! The pizza was the best pizza I ever had! I remember that the kitchen would be a HUGE MESS after, but Linda never seemed stressed about it.

I also remember my Aunt Linda always making time to talk with me when I would visit. She would ask me about school, dance or anything else I was doing at the time. I wondered how she could even remember what was going on in my life when she clearly had SO MUCH going on in her life. I remember always leaving Linda's house feeling loved and special.

One thing that will stick with me FOREVER is how GREAT a Mother Linda is. She always made time for each one of her kids. They always felt special. I never understood how Linda could do it with SO MANY KIDS! Now that I have 7 kids myself, I still don't understand how she did it! I often think of Linda and how calm she was whenever I was around her. She didn't let the little things bother her. She was happy to be living her life with her family. Nothing else mattered. I am so grateful for such an amazing example in  my life.

A few years ago, Linda stopped in St. George to spend the night during some trip. (I am SURE it was to help one of her children) I remember trying to talk with her. I knew that it was hard for her to communicate with me but I could see in her eyes just how badly she wanted to know what was going on with me. I decided to spill my guts to her that night. I told her EVERYTHING that I was doing and what was going on with my family. Linda listened patiently and smiled all throughout my rambling. :) I decided to quit talking after a while because I knew that she had to be tired and that she needed to wake up early the next day.

Linda~ I love you and I am so lucky to have you in my life. I hope you have the most wonderful Birthday. You deserve every happiness in the world!

Love

Danielle a.k.a Dani

1 comment:

Katie said...

I am glad you have such good memories of getting together at our house Danielle! We always loved being around you.