Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Who My Mom Is, Part XXXII

This post was written by my father, Bob Jeppson.

imageimage

What can I say?

Linda is my companion and sweetheart.

It was 40 years ago this week that we went on our first date. We will be forever partners. Linda has always been the rock in our family. When it came to gospel standards there were no gray areas. Joshua’s theme was hers, “As for me in my house, we will serve the Lord”. If everyone put in the time and effort into their callings that Linda does, we would truly be a Zion people.

“Blessed are those who do hunger and thirst after righteousness” is another scripture that describes her. Linda’s trips every year to Education Week weren’t just for our teenage kids, she really loved to go to reenergize herself and grow as a person. These trips really strengthened her and our children.

Linda’s companionship is one of support and love without criticism. Linda continues to meet these new challenges with dignity and courage. Her intelligence and creativity are unaffected. She bears her testimony with her love and example.

2 comments:

Katie said...

I have been thinking about your Zion comment ever since I got this post from you, Dad. It is so true. It inspires me to be more dedicated to the things that Heavenly Father wants me to do.

Ashley said...

I love the Zion comment too. And the fact that you mentioned her intelligence and creativity being unaffected - so, so true.