Wednesday, January 18, 2012

Keepin’ It Real Wednesday

What a difference 24 hours can make.

Last night at this time, Chad and I were strategically gluing the weights on Colin’s first “real” Pinewood Derby car, making plans about what we all needed to do finish it in the next 24 hrs, in order to be ready for the race tonight.

(I know Colin is not included in that sentence, and it is his car, so he really should be….. but this is Keepin’ It Real Wednesday).

Not long after, Gabe threw up in the bowl he had recently requested.  How sad – he won’t be ale to go to Colin’s race Wednesday night.

A couple of hours later, Colin joined him.  How very very sad. No race for anyone.

A couple of hours later, I awoke to the sound of Carina throwing up next to me. Poor poor baby, but I need sleep forcryingoutloud.

And who knows when…Oliver stumbled into our bedroom, eyes barely open, covered in vomit.   I think Chad is handling that, right? Zzzzzzzz

It was a loooooong day, followed by a long day of Smurfs, Mr. Popper’s Penquins, Saltines and Moneyball for Chad and I.  The “good news” was that Chad had already requested the day off to go the Dr. for what he thought was strep throat, so he was home and washed loads and loads of laundry and Lysoled everything.  

So here we are, 24 hours later, and while all the other Cub Scouts are racing their cars, Colin is sleeping with a bowl next to him.

Here’s to hoping to health by Friday…..

which is the big Chinese’s New Year celebration…..

and…

Chad’s birthday. Gulp.

Please don’t let him be sick on his birthday….

or me, because that is almost as awful for him.

3 comments:

Cat said...

Wow...I promise never to complain about my 1 again. Yikes! I think it's making it's way up the street - Isaiah was sick on Monday (but I'm not sure what he had). Hope everyone is on the mend and since they got it at the same time that it will go away all at once!

Olivia Carter said...

Stomach flu is THE WORST! I will be praying neither of the adults in your fam gets it because that's just the worst.

I'm one of those people that if ANYONE in the family or the vicinity of me has the stomach flu I'll get it. And every time I think I'm going to DIE!

Christie said...

Ugh. No fun at all.