Wednesday, March 28, 2012

Hourglass

Every night I bring my laptop into the boys’ room, turn out the lights, and let them take turns choosing a song to listen to on YouTube before it is time to sleep.  Lately Colin has been fond of Hourglass by Mindy Gledhill, which I also love.  As a mom of three boys, it is not hard to lay there in the dark with my chubby cheeked boys and get a little nostalgic about the time that is slipping past.  One night after the song ended, Gabe told me that the song made him kind of sad.  I thought maybe growing up was feeling a little bittersweet for him.

Then on Sunday, he made a card for Carina that shed a little more light on the situation.
IMGP6640
I hope you do not grow up way to fast.  because then you wont be cute any more.


A line taken directly from the song.  I guess parents aren’t the only ones who feel that way about their little babies. 

5 comments:

Em said...

i love the minds of children.

Chad Coleman said...

"Cute" Not "Cut"...

Katie said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Gaynelle said...

That is so sweet.

Christie said...

Ah, so sweet!