Thursday, April 12, 2012

Spring Break

We had a wonderful spring break.  The weather was gorgeous and the kids got to spend a lot of time outside with their friends.  One of the best things about it was a vacation from our obligations – no school of course, but also no piano, soccer, mutual….I am not saying I don’t love those things, but it was nice to just spend most of our time together as a family for the week.  We mostly just relaxed but one day, we got to go to Discovery Place and we met Chad for a lunch at Tin Tin.

One of the nights, I put the tent up in the backyard for the kids and we had a fire.  We told the kids they could sleep out there, knowing that they would end up in their beds very quickly(which they did).  I stayed out there with them while Chad put Carina to sleep, looking at the stars.  I downloaded a constellation app on my phone, which the kids loved.  It was just a tiny bit chilly, and the moon was almost full.  The kids were goofy and so happy, and it was an evening to remember.  It reminded so much of all the evenings when I was a kid when we would lay a blanket out on the lawn and wrestle and laugh until the stars came out.  That was one of the best things about a small town – always an abundance of stars in the sky. 

IMGP7205

I love having those kids home with me, and I can’t wait for summer.

5 comments:

Christie said...

I'm anxious for summer, too, even though it will be dreadfully hot here. James has June off and as tempting as it is to visit, I'm really looking forward to planning a fun schedule and enjoying a lot of family time.

Levi said...

I am so excited for this summer too! It will be the first summer in 4 years that we haven't been crazy busy because of the shop. And with the new house we have cool evenings, amazing night skies, a huge firepit, and tons of camping, hiking and fishing all around us. (Plus you will be coming up to stay with us for a couple weeks ;o) The kids came home today from their first day at their new school and said "Only 25 days of school left!" I can't wait!

Em said...

so cute

Olivia Carter said...

Ack! That looks like so much fun. Now I'm double mad we all got sick this spring break!

Vivian said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.