Thursday, July 12, 2012

2012 Best Coleman Dessert

IMGP0209-2

While we were in Spokane, we decided to have a little dessert contest.  All the women in the family (not because we are sexist, but because the men are lazy ;o)  baked what they hoped would be a winning recipe and we all gathered to taste them.  My competition was very stiff – my mother-in-law Judy made layered dessert with brownies, cool whip, and lots of other yummy toppings, Chad’s Grandma Libbie (his dad’s mom) made a delicious flan with ice cream, his Grandma Norma (his mom’s mom) made her famous butterscotch pie, and my sister-in-law made banana cake with cream cheese frosting (which I would kill for right now) and entered some chocolate rice crispy treats in Billy’s name.  We all know that Billy was going for the kiddy vote with that one.  Shameless.

So what did I enter?  I knew that everyone was going to enter something rich, so I wasn’t sure if I should go for something lighter. After browsing pinterest for a couple of hours and getting some advice on facebook, I decided to just go for over-the-top and rich.  So I made this:

Peanut Butter Cup S’mores Bars, from The Sweet Life.  Click on the link to see a much better picture, and to get the recipe. 

IMGP0215-3

I have to tell you, just seeing all those desserts lined up make me a little giddy and a little sick at the same time.  Each of us a plate with a sample of each, including the very excited kids. 

IMGP0219-3

After the sampling, we each got a paper for each entrant.  We placed each paper in a bowl corresponding to how we would rank the dessert – first, second, third and so on.  The winner was decided from there. 

And who won, my friends? 

IMGP0221-3

Oh, yeah.

I even got an award for each of my names – legal and pen ;o) 

Don’t look too closely at the spelling of Jeppson.

5 comments:

melssweetlife said...

WOOOHOOOO!!! Winner winner, chicken dinner :) So glad that the greater public (i.e. your family) thinks my s'mores bars are amazing too! Nice work.

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, I just knew as soon as you said there was going to be a baking competition that you'd win! Rock on!

lindsey said...

soooo when are you making these again?? they look divine:)

ventepaschere said...

Lunettes de soleil dior 2012
Tee shirts Armani
chaussures louis vuitton hommes 2012 pas cher
Lunettes de soleil louis vuitton
collier louis vuitton
chaussures nike air max hommes
bracelet chanel pas cher ,chanel Bijoux !
chaussures Nike Gladiateur Mid femmes
Bottes Pas cher 2012 vente..
Tee shirts burberry hommes pas cher !!
chaussures louis vuitton femmes
Regarder & Watch Pas cher 2012
tee shirts burberry femmes Pas cher !
ceinture en cuir louis vuitton vente pas cher!
sac Longchamp pas cher
sac Louis Vuitton homme vente 2012
sac Mulberry
Tee shirt Guess Femme
Jupe Karen Millen
Robe Karen Millen
chaussures enfant pas cher en ligne
chaussurespaschere.fr site chaussures baskets
chaussures foot
chaussures talons

ventepaschere said...

recommande a tous chaussures hommes pas cher. chaussures pas cher Toutes vos chaussures de marque (homme, femme ou enfant) grand vendeur.