Friday, July 27, 2012

Field Trip Friday–Charlotte Regional Farmer’s Market

I went to bed last night lamenting to Chad that I still didn’t know where we were going to go for Field Trip Friday.  I still have Chuck E Cheese in my back pocket, but I really don’t want to do that unless I am desperate – not only because it is rather unenriching, but because I am ticked off that they no longer have their phenomenal coupons. 

In the middle of the night I woke up with horrible allergies and at some point during the next three and half sleepless hours, I came up with what I thought was a great idea: Charlotte Regional Farmer’s Market.  My boys have always liked our irregular trips there, but it didn’t really compare to some past Field Trip Fridays, so to get them involved, I told them they each had up to five dollars to use towards trying something new.  IMGP0832

IMGP0828IMGP0836IMGP0833

When we got there, we walked the whole market once to see what there was.  The boys were immediately wowed by some free samples of artisan bread, and in the end Colin and Oliver decided they each wanted to buy a loaf.   The man selling it was so friendly, encouraging us to come back again and again for more samples, and his bread was INCREDIBLE, so I was happy to support him.  Colin chose a loaf of Gorgonzola bread and Oliver chose Rosemary Sea Salt.  Yes, my almost four year old.  Aren’t we just so hip? 

I got some bok choy, spinach, ginger, bean sprouts, cilantro, bananas, thai basil, scallions, and an avocado, all for 10 bucks!  Sadly, none of the flower places accepted credit card, and I only had enough cash to cover the boys, or I would have treated myself.  As always, the bouquets for gorgeous.

And what did Gabe get?  A whole bunch of delicous kettle corn from a very friendly and generous vendor……

   

IMGP0838

…and three lemons, which he cut open with a butter knife and then squeezed into a cup, daring his brothers to partake of the sourness with him.  Six year olds are awesome like that.

The whole trip was pretty quick, which was good because it was hot hot hot.  By the time we got home, stuffed with kettle corn, Carina was ready for her nap.  I told the boys they could play all the Wii, Xbox and computer their little hearts desired as long as they let me take a nap with her.  And they did.  For 2 hours.  Mom of The Year, folks. 

For dinner tonight we had Chef’s Salad, as I grew up calling it (basically a big salad bar) and the bread.  There was some bread leftover and I keep dipping back into it.  Yum.

2 comments:

Olivia Carter said...

Sounds like a fantastic day & I say there are those days when Wii for a nap is TOTALLY exceptable. I'll be honest, there are weeks like that. Or you know 9 months when my body hates me for growing a human being in it. Oh man... looks just lovely though- I'm jealous!

ventepaschere said...

Un autre bon deroulement des transactions paschervente.fr EBayer parfait. Hautement recommande chaussures pas cher