Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Fifth Annual Back- to- School Dinner

IMGP2935

The menu:

Edamame, steamed in the shell, with salt

Udon Noodles with Sautéed Bell Peppers and Mushrooms

Turtle Pie

IMGP2937IMGP2944IMGP2954

This Year’s Family Theme:

weddingchicks-download-1345943051

Chad gave each of the boys a father’s blessing after dinner.  I kept dinner very low key, but it was super tasty (a recipe from my sister Lindsey and everyone loved it), and the evening was calm and relaxing.  Everyone got to sleep at a good time and up in time for a good back-to-school morning. 

I walked the boys into their classes on Monday.  Gabe was very nervous and got a little teary-eyed, but as soon as he was given a task to complete, I saw him relax.  I am sure that hearing and speaking Chinese has to be a big adjustment after the summer off, and both of them have been handling it well.

IMGP2972  IMGP2978        IMGP2979

Gabe has the same 1st teacher that Colin had for kindergarten, and I noticed she had them color the same picture when they first came in.

Back to School 2008 (the night before I had Ollie!), 2009, 2010  (I remember cooking that meal when I was pregnant with Carina. I had to chew gum the whole time in order to keep my lunch down), 2011

No comments: