Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Election Night 2012














I took the kids with me today to vote. I didn’t want to wait ‘til Chad got home in case the lines were long, and I heard via facebook that there there were no lines around 2 pm, so I rounded them up and headed over. As soon as we got out of the van, I saw Bobby and Sabina pull up with all of their kids. It was a quick process. My kids had lots of questions to add to the many other questions they have had about voting over the last couple of weeks. Sabina was voting for the first time – she became a citizen since the last election, so I snagged a picture of her.

Now Chad and I are chugging Diet Dr. Pepper and sitting in front of the TV, bundles of nerves. I don’t think either of us have ever cared this much about an election, and I gotta tell you, I don’t like caring this much! I am supposed to be editing photos and planning preschool (for tomorrow)….I have SO much I should be doing right now, and I can’t. I think I am going to have to watch some Parks and Recreation on Netflix to get my mind off of it for awhile. Leslie Knope for President!

How about the rest of you? Are you staying up late or making yourself go to bed?

5 comments:

Christie said...

James doesn't even get out of class until 10pm. I've been waking up so early since the time change that it's going to be hard to stay up. But I don't know that I could sleep, either. And I'm afraid that bad news would send me to bed earlier than good news, and then I really won't be able to sleep. And I expect Target to go 90% tomorrow, so I need my rest, lol.

Bob, Dad and Grandpa said...

I will be up late.

Kari said...

TJ's in class until ten as well, and I'm not into a book right now. Think I'll head over to Netflix, too. It won't be as late for us, luckily!

Kari said...

Wish I had some good chocolate in the house.

Katie said...

Kari - I know there is a bag of chocolate in the house that Chad is supposed to take to church to put in the clerk's office. It's my on my hit list all evening.