Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Keepin’ It Real Wednesday

Sometimes I wonder if, because of these posts, my Wednesdays all seem a little too “real.”  I often find myself easily composing a Keepin’ It Real post in my head……and honestly, in the end, most of those posts are too complaining and self pitying to put into permanent record.  Maybe it is because it is the middle of the week and stress it its peak.  Maybe it is because sometimes if I am looking to write about something less-than-perfect, my whole life seems far-from-perfect.

Shortly before bedtime tonight I declared that we were never ever having any more kids.  It was one of those Wednesdays – when nothing was satisfyingly as- it- should- be.  My patience was thin, my groceries were unbought, my carpet was disgusting, my kids were unruly. 

Maybe it was because it was a Wednesday and I was looking for reality instead of grace, maybe it was because I really do have more on my plate than I can handle and my life is a huge, dramatic failure…….but maybe it was simply because I haven’t been going to bed when I should and have had sick kids and no exercise.

Maybe, just maybe, the solution is boring and simple and even just a little bit my own fault.

Yep, probably.

1 comment:

Kari said...

I haven't been here for probably over a year, but I can't sleep and wanted a visit. I love your faith and perspective. And I know how you feel about how sometimes Wednesdays can threaten to take over the whole week!