Thursday, January 10, 2013

Stats

Oliver and Carina had well-child visits yesterday.  This probably should have been a Keepin’ It Real post, because Ollie’s was his four year old checkup and he is four and five months old, and Carina’s was her 18 month checkup and she is 21 months old.  But honestly?  I don’t really care and neither does their doctor, which is one of the many reasons I love him.

Another reason I love him?  He had Oliver smiling and laughing the whole time, and though Carina was hysterical before she was even weighed, he got her to smile and giggle nervously a few times through her tears. 

Carina:

  • Length: 32 inches, 25%
  • Weight: 23 lbs 5 oz, 10-25%
  • Head: 48 1/2 cms, 75-90%

Oliver

  • Height: 40 3/4 inches, 25-50% (a jump for him!)
  • Weight: 35 lbs, 25%
  • Body Mass Index: 14.82
  • Blood Pressure: 96/64

I told Ollie that if he was good for his shots I would take him to McDonald’s afterwards.  He was so excited about it that he actually hopped up on the table when it was his turn.  By the second shot he was singing a different tune. 

At McDonald’s, Carina did her charming early-terrible-twos move where she grabs the soda and yells “MINES” whenever anyone tries to have a sip.  We share sodas in this family.  It’s part of our code of ethics.  So I do the calm-and-cool veteran-mom thing where I remind her over and over again not to yell and urge Ollie to sip like his life depended on it.  It was bad enough that a gentleman approached us and asked if I would like another cup for her.  I might have sounded a little condescending (hiding my embarrassment) when I assured him that it was okay for her to learn how to share.  For the rest of the meal we told her to look out the window at the cars whenever we wanted to sneak a drink, or more fries, or the chicken nuggets she wasn’t touching. 

IMG_2885

And now this post really feels like it should have been posted yesterday.

1 comment:

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, I love this post. SO stinkin' true. Love your honesty!