Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Mardi Gras Parade at Waddell Language Academy

Okay, I have to admit that it is a little weird to do two posts in a row with masks, but I had to share some pictures for yesterday’s Mardi Gras parade at the boys’ school.  The French Immersion program puts on a rousing parade every year, and parents are invited to come line the hallways.  This was my first time going and I am so glad I went.  My pictures don’t capture it, but the energy was great.  The kids, who are used to wearing unifoms every day, got to wear costumes or green, purple or gold, and you combine that excitement with the permission to march through the halls chanting and blowing noisemakers…well, I am sure the teachers were pretty happy there wasn’t much class time left after the parade, because I am sure the kids were pumped up for the rest of the day.  The French classes were particularly boisterous.  I honestly don’t get out of our own Chinese program much, so it was fun to share their day.

IMGP4198

IMGP4200IMGP4201IMGP4207IMGP4202-001

IMGP4204

Where was Carina?  Whimpering and clinging to my shoulder.  Waay too much for her.