Tuesday, June 18, 2013

Father’s Day 2013

Father’s Day was low-key.  On Saturday we gave Chad a movie bucket, complete with 4 lbs of Red Vines, two packs of Junior Mints and a movie gift card.  Chad has traditionally taken the boys out for a movie on the day before Father’s Day, but this year he wanted to see Monster’s University with them and that doesn’t open until next weekend.  So I gave him the gift card and had a date set up for the two of us to go see Man of Steel and he can go next weekend with the boys to see their movie.  Which I hope is better than Man of Steel was, because I was dyyyyyyying by the end of that movie.  Every time I write Steel I want to write an “e” on the end.  Know what I mean, Charlotte peeps?

We went out for dinner that night for some chips and veggie fajitas.

The next day Chad was gone for meetings before any of us woke up.  I left some orange juice in the fridge for  him, so don’t feel too bad for him.  Sooooo spoiled.

After his afternoon nap, the boys had clues that led him a little hunt that ended up outside where he was greeted by this….

IMGP8546

Good thing Chad already had his swimsuit on, huh?

IMGP8595IMGP8614IMGP8629

Colin has officially entered that stage where he is too cool for pictures.  AWE-SOME!

IMGP8635

After that Chad read off the answers to the surveys the kids filled out about him.  Ollie said Chad would like to go camping for his dream vacation (HA!) and Carina said he would like to go to the playground.

We love that guy and I hope he had a good weekend.

2 comments:

Ashley said...

So THAT is why he always wears a swimsuit around the house! Now I understand!

Olivia Carter said...

Aw, so stinking cute! Great ideas!