Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Bryce came home

My youngest brother Bryce completed basic training for the Marines last month.  Here is a picture I stole from my Dad’s facebook page:1167644_10201744675084710_1308127997_o

 

He had a ten day leave before he moved on to his next training, so we threw him a little party. 

All my siblings should be able to look at the three pictures below and guess what I made for dinner -

 

IMGP1567IMGP1568IMGP1571

-My mom’s very gringo Chicken Enchiladas.  I cannot remember the last time I had Chinchiladas (as Chaddy and I always call them) and let me tell you – yes, the sauce is an orangish, vomitey color, yes, it has condensed cream of mushroom soup, yes it has more dairy in it than you should consume in a month, but those suckers were sooooo tasty.  Lindsey and Bryce reminded me that Bryce always loved Chicken Enchiladas so much that he would eat them until he got sick.  I think I did the same thing that night.

IMGP1577

This is Bryce, next to my brother-in-law Seth.

Bryce is doing great.  He is in incredible shape.  He seems so happy and fulfilled.  Towards the end of the night we had him sit down with his nieces and nephews who were there, for a Q&A session.  We are not exactly a military family, so we are really clueless about everything.  We all really enjoyed hearing more about Bryce’s experiences, especially Colin.  That kid had stars in his eyes the whole time.

IMGP1589IMGP1591IMGP1603

Now Bryce is gone again for more training.  We miss him, but it is great to see him out there living his dream and doing it well.

3 comments:

Ashley said...

LOL - nice gun to the head, Colin!

Christie said...

Man, I wish I could have been there! James really would love to hear everything Bryce is doing, since he IS from a military family. And how funny that I am seeing this just hours after I put chicken enchiladas on the menu. I NEVER make them because James doesn't like several of the ingredients, but he's going to a conference at the end of the month.

Em said...

a ginger!