Thursday, October 31, 2013

Halloween 2013

 

IMGP6404

The night before Halloween we carved pumpkins.  Colin did his COMPLETELY by himself.  Pretty impressive, right?  The other three….let’s just say my hand was cramped by the end of the evening.

IMGP6407

Halloween evening.  I had to include a couple of different group pictures because Ollie’s poses crack me up.

IMGP6414IMGP6417

No, Chad is not saying “Call me” and no, his swimsuit is not partially open in front.  Awkwaaaaard.

IMGP6430IMGP6405IMGP6444IMGP6435

OH MY GOODNESS do I have the cutest kids on the planet?!  Seriously, these pictures make me so happy.  A word on Carina’s costume – I bought it at Walmart for a couple of bucks four or five years ago after Halloween, long before I had a baby girl.  I didn’t have any great ideas for her when I happened to pull it out and let her try it on.  After that, there was no going back.  She was just so adorable in this costume – my dad could not get over it.  Every time he saw it he would start laughing.  We got the hat on Amazon – the tiara part lit up and flashed.  Just what every little princess cowgirl needs.  Most of Ollie’s sheriff costume was one I made for Colin 7 (!) years ago.  We just bought the hat.  Gabe’s Quidditch uniform was one Colin wore a couple of years ago.  And Colin’s was just an old uniform that we added zombie blood and makeup to.   He was pretty thrilled by it, but his cousin Leslie was not.

IMGP6452IMGP6455IMGP6457

We went trick or treating that night with my sister Lindsey, her husband Seth, and their girls Leslie, Mayan and Lily.  We all had a great time and it wasn’t cold at all.  Carina was pretty darn excited and was almost always the first kid to each door.  We brought a stroller and she was too happy to use it most of the time. The boys were exhausted because earlier that day they had a fun-run at their school were all three of them ran the maximum number of laps –36, which equaled about 2 1/2 miles!! We didn’t stay out long, but they still got a fair amount of candy.  When we came home, Ollie and Gabe wanted to go out longer, so they went out with Chad.  We finished it of with a little clip of Treehouse of Horrors, and Carina took foreeeever to fall asleep that night. 

Halloween 2007 here and here. Halloween 2008 here and here. Halloween 2009Halloween 2010. Halloween 2011Halloween 2012.

No comments: