Thursday, December 5, 2013

Chad the Rat King

IMG-20131204-00133IMG-20131204-00134IMG-20131204-00136

Last night after I finished writing my blog post, I found these three pictures waiting for me in my inbox, straight from New York.  Deviled eggs (with shrimp on top, of course), Pork chop (with quail egg on top, of course),  and German-Chocolate Cake (with coconut whipped cream on top, of course). Despite the fantastically poor picture quality (I think that all that cholesterol was fogging the camera lens), my carrots were not quite satisfying after seeing these. 

In the email with the picture of the cake, Chad mentioned he was wrapping up dinner and would call me when he got back to his hotel.

I waited until 10, and then as I was drifting off to sleep shortly thereafter, Chad called.  The city noise bustled across the line with his frustration as he explained  that he had been trying to hail a cab for the last half hour.  A huge section of the street was barricaded for the lighting of THE Christmas Tree and it was crazy everywhere.  “Man, poor guy,” I thought, as I lay in my cozy bed and drifted off to sleep immediately after. 

I have never been to New York and all my New York education is based solely on Chad’s two trips there (crappy pictures, lots of work), Hey Natalie Jean (fantastic pictures, fantastic style), and You’ve Got Mail (pencil bouquets, Christmas sing-a-longs, and bend in the flower garden at Riverside Park). 

Oh, and let’s not forget 30 Rock.  My absolute favorite New York clip from 30 Rock:

And a You’ve Got Mail and 30 Rock connection that any true fan has already made, as an added bonus.

4 comments:

Chad Coleman said...

I love the Cleve...

Chad Coleman said...

I love the Cleve...

Katie said...

Oh, I was so happy to see two comments and then it was just a mistake. BOOOOO.

Ashley said...

Quail eggs really freak me out. I dunno why, but they do. Big cities freak me out too. Just the thought of waiting so long to hail a cab makes me want to curl up in bed for a long time.